Coloured picture postcard showing train at Niles Station, Michigan
No publisher mentioned - unused.
The Niles station was built for the Michigan Central Railroad in 1892, and was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979 and on the Michigan State Register in 1992. The station was planned by architects Frederich Spier and William C. Rohns, and the extensive gardens surrounding the station were designed by John Gipner of Germany. Still in use as a passenger depot, the station has changed little from its original structure. The asymmetrically-planned coursed brownstone structure was built in the Richardsonian Romanesque style, topped by high hipped and gabled roofs.
The Niles station has been used for location shots in three movies: Continental Divide, Midnight Run and Only the Lonely.
Condition good, slight dings on corners